Our library is the repository of some of the series we run at St.Emlyn’s. Rick’s cardiology cases, our philosophy of EM series and the diagnostic tests/risk management posts all have a home here. You can also search across the site using the search function on the right, or by using the categories button a little further down in the right hand column.
[DDET Emergency Medicine: A risky Business]
If you are an emergency physician then diagnosis is the core of our practice. Do you understand it? Do you really know what you mean by declaring that a patient does or does not have disease. This is essential reading for anyone who wants to be a wise clinician in the difficult environment of the ED.
- EM: A risky business part 1. Are you a diagnostician.
- EM: A risky business part 2. What does a positive result mean?
- EM: A risky business part 3. How risky are you?
- EM: A risky business part 4. What does it mean to miss a diagnosis?
- EM: A risky business part 5. Does a correct diagnosis mean that therapy will work?
- EM: A risky business part 6: How many steps to disaster?
[DDET Rick Body’s Cardiology case files]
Rick Body is our resident expert on all things cardiological. Check out his case files from Virchester.
[DDET The Philosophy of Emergency Medicine]
Our occasional series looking at EM in a more relaxed and philosophical way. Smoking jacket and slippers on, nice warm fire, fire up the ipad, read, relax and think.
- What’s your NNT?
- Little White lies in the resus room.
- The Time Bomb of DOOM.
- Giving bad feedback, or giving feedback badly?
[DDET Clinical Cases]
Case of the week (month), and posts that will make you a better clinician.
- Chill man, it’s just a pneumothorax.
- Limping Princess
- The same but different
- Feeling Blue at St.Emlyn’s
- Neck Pain at St.Emlyn’s
- Angioedema in Scarborough